Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A toast to those with imagination!

Do I! You saucy minx. I'm glad you're putting that paycheck to fashionable use. It only helps to further our cause. What cause? THE CAUSE. The aesthetic cause. The flaneur cause. The rock and roll cause.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

























A very controversial quote....At least when I posted it as my Facebook status. Many find it egotistical and selfish, and they're probably right. However, I can't help but agree, and I know you do as well. Especially when my bank account is overdrawn, and my rent is $1000/month. Wilde is comforting when you are stressed about money, but don't want to hate yourself for blowing it. You may have been irresponsible, but there is still a part of you that gets a kick out of it. You hate it and you know there is no other way you would rather live. It all goes back to the great notion of contradiction that I love to read and write about so much. Salome was irresistible and lethal, as is living like Keith Richards when you're not Keith Richards.

I realize this is ridiculous and insensitive when so many people are barely hanging on. Still, it's not really about money, of course. It's about feeling as though you can breath even when you're gasping for air.

This is not to say that your shopping spree today was out of your means. You're working hard and I'm sure you can afford it! But I know you well enough to know that YOU know what I'm talking about. I'm just in the negative and trying to remind myself that it's all worth it.

I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment