Saturday, April 2, 2011

Trying something new

I'm on a Peter pan bus typing on my iPod. Guess I try a new color font? In seriously bored. I get to port authority ( my enemy if my enemy canberra a place) early and look for a decent place to get a bagel and coffee. After making the rounds to assess my options, I settle on au Bon pain ( that kooks wrong). I spend 5 minutes trying to figure out how the he'll to order or grab food or pour coffe or order coffe or which of the 5 registers to use. Frazzled, i ran out with a hot coffee in hand and some sort of bagel in my bag. Oh and im wearing a very obtrusive backpack if that helps paint a picture. So I head to the gate and I swear I've never seen a more disfubctional line. I can't even call it a line. It was more of a scattered crowd of people trying their best to make it impossible for anyone to navigate around them, through them, whatever. I decided to stand in the spot that best resembled the end of the line and tried to mind my own business and sip my scalding coffee. Then this happened:

"coffee?"
" hm? Oh yeah." I nodded at this woman a few people in front of me. She was no more than five feet, abnormally large head, and a relatively normal outfit of black jeans and ballet flats. I could see the hairspray curling her highlighted hair into a crunchy, motionless mass.
" now we'regoi ng to have to use the bathroom right?" we?

No comments:

Post a Comment